Donating Items to Little Shelter
Little Shelter relies heavily (and really appreciates) your donations. From the puppy snuggling in that warm throw to the cat in a favorite pet bed, your donations help animals feel a little more comfortable and at home here during their stay. While our first goal is to get these animals placed in loving new homes as quickly as possible, the reality is that this process can sometimes take a significant amount of time. Having these little pet "luxuries" will help these animals during this transition period:
- Cat & dog beds
- Cat trees and scratching posts
- Unopened cat & dog toys
- Unopened cat & dog food (dry, wet, we'll take it all! )
- Creamy peanut butter, cream cheese, and american cheese
- Thermacare heat wraps
- Spill-less water bowls
- Kuranda beds
- New rawhides, pigs ears, bones · you get the idea *** WE ARE RUNNING VERY LOW ON THESE ITEMS***
- Collars & leashes
- Large metal pet feeding bowls
- Large or Small washable blankets, comforters (since we don't have commercial washing machines here), throws, towels - even small washable throw rugs can come in very handy ***WE ARE RUNNING VERY LOW ON THESE ITEMS***
- Small single-seat sofas, futons or recliners - wouldn't it be special to come to the Little Shelter and see a relaxed terrier mix enjoying your old recliner!
- Grooming equipment
- "Kiddie" pools
- Small refrigerators
- Electric heaters
- Washers & dryers
- Picnic tables, chairs & umbrellas
- Computer equipment: Computers, Keyboards, Flatscreen Monitors,and Printers, to replace some of our aging equipment.
Please be aware that as of April 2014 Microsoft will no longer support Windows XP computers. This will cause problems at Little Shelter at that time and we are trying to prepare for this change. We hope that any donated computers will be Windows 7 so that we can avoid any trouble that may arise from this change
Help Us Clean Up!
Don't have a yard · have a landscaper who takes care of your yard · or perhaps are you looking for new things to organize? Not to worry, you can take advantage of that desire to work outside or help clean up by coming here to help the Little Shelter catch up. We are looking for extra volunteers to make the shelter look its best. From painting to yard-work, we have lots of jobs to do. Please give us a call to let us know that you would like to get involved and we'll keep you informed of our planning activities and any particular dates dedicated to shelter clean up. Thanks for sharing these valuable skills with us!
Calling On All Handy People
Little Shelter cares for close to 700 dogs and cats here on Long Island and despite all our efforts to keep up on things, we have no shortage of items that break down or need servicing. Having the benefits of a handy person or persons to help with basic repairs, carpentry, electrical needs, or even for large pet food pick ups and the like is critical to keep us focused on what we do best - helping homeless companion animals find new loving homes. Please share what you do best with us, so together we can reach our adoption goals!
Little Shelter appreciates all donations. Donations can be dropped off at the shelter anytime from 1pm-6pm Monday-Friday, or 12pm-4pm Saturday and Sunday.
Please call (631) 368-8770 ext 26 if you have any questions about donating to Little Shelter.